Friday, March 11, 2011

Rick Warren- Purpose Driven Life

I did the Purpose Driven Life in a couples Bible study over 10 years ago.   I wasn't familiar with Warren's teachings at the time but, had heard of him in church circles.   I had no reason to doubt that there was anything wrong with this study but, right off the bat I was uneasy.   When the book was first put into my hands and I read the title The Purpose Driven Life I did an inward twitch and thought "Since when is our spiritual life supposed to be driven by a purpose?  Shouldn't we instead be led by the Spirit?"   As if that weren't bad enough he starts off the book stating that it's not about "you" and then centers the rest of the book on you.  We completed the book with the group but my misgivings never left me.   That was the start of my search for Truth in an age of rampant apostasy/heresy and ultimately has led to the creation of this blog.   Please click the following links to learn more:

The Gospel: A Method or a Message?
How the Purpose Driven Life Obscures the Gospel
http://cicministry.org/commentary/issue80.htm

Rick Warren teams up with New Ager, Dr. Mehmet Oz

Why has Pastor Rick Warren brought speakers into his church that promote the occult?

Should Churches Be Seeker-Friendly?

Rick Warren Warning